Oak Creek’s 500-acre Lakefront District is the community’s recreation and residential destination. With over 1.9 miles of Lake Michigan shoreline taking advantage of spectacular views from the existing vistas and bluffs as well as lake access within this project area alone. This district has approximately 250 acres of parkland, scenic and mature wooded areas, pathways, and beachfront. The Lakefront District offers an opportunity unique in the region for high-value tax base growth complete with destination uses, unique residential offerings that fills unmet demand, and emerging employment opportunities within a new business center.
The City envisions that the site will feature a mixture of uses, including:
- Park and open space land;
- Active and passive recreation facilities;
- Conference hotel and restaurant;
- Market-rate housing including apartments and innovative single family residences;
- Senior assisted living campus;
- Healthcare and wellness / fitness activities;
- Light industrial, office and R&D.
The appropriate location and mixture of these uses will result in a walkable and sustainable neighborhood with fantastic vistas of Lake Michigan. The anticipated diversity of housing offered will create a lakefront neighborhood that attracts a wide demographic mix of potential residents.