The transformation of this former industrial site to a usable public park has taken many years, but for the first time in its 62-year history residents and visitors to Oak Creek are able to enjoy a new City park on the shores of Lake Michigan. The park, and many of its unique features, was designed by and for the community. They include:
- A state of the art pavilion, available for private events.
- A colorful and engaging playground designed for various age groups.
- A large open recreation field that is the perfect space for an impromptu soccer match, a friendly game of Frisbee, or an afternoon of kite flying. This field will also be available to be rented for events such as games or family activities.
- Two open-air, covered bluff overlook shelters boast spectacular views of the lake and offer an ideal setting for small gatherings.
- Visitors to the park looking for a panoramic view of Lake Michigan will be treated to many ideal vantage points to take it in. The picturesque beacon at the northeast corner of the park, boasts an overlook and seating area, and is a great spot for photos.
- Those looking for some exercise will enjoy the many trails throughout the park, an ADA compliant path ensures that everyone will be able to enjoy the gorgeous view.
Lake Vista Park provides Oak Creek residents and visitors alike a beautiful new location for recreation, exploration and leisure. It will also serve as a catalyst for the redevelopment of the surrounding area, ultimately breathing a new life into Oak Creek’s lakeshore.